Your questions answered: What information do we need to keep for non-hazardous substances?

By Jeff Salton on April 12th, 2018
  1. Risk Management
  2. Hazard Identification



If we have determined that a material is not classified as hazardous and not classified as dangerous goods, are we required to maintain current (within 5 years) Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) on hand?


A person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU) is only required to obtain and make available SDSs for hazardous chemicals. There is no general requirement for a PCBU to have SDSs for other materials in the workplace.

Did you find this helpful? The Health & Safety Handbook provides answers to practically every question you might have. If it doesn’t, subscribers also have access to our Helpdesk, manned by the lawyers at Holding Redlich. Just another great reason to subscribe to the Health & Safety Handbook. Do it today.

Related Articles: